X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA to announces AA/US frequent flier plan/details

Some may have seen this post on FT:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23690307-post289.html

And while I dismissed that report (have since PM'd that FTer to apologize) rumors now rampant that new program rules will take effect March 2015 (somewhat surprisingly, I'd say-- and not 100% confirmed.)

Several sources are calling this "AAdvantage stays AAdvantage" and it is being depicted as "largely good news" with some AA folks on the inside describing themselves as "very relieved." But, no confirmed details that I can share at this juncture. AND, still could change up a bit.

But, in any case, these rumors point to an announcement much sooner than I would have expected..

I was recently told by a worker in an AC that they were led to believe that march 1 was the date for combining the programs.

Comment

I guess that would make sense considering status reset at that date.

Comment

As pointed out on FT:
        http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23732869-post320.html

langage/link indication imminence:
        http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/eliteStatus/main.jsp

Comment

"2015.." link removed

Comment

The announcement is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Of the various summaries I heard, this one struck me as best:

"...people will be very happy mostly because of the lack of change"

All reports have been that AAdv members will be pleased, overall.

Comment

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/AA...2015/index.jsp

On January 1, 2015, the segment qualification requirement for Executive Platinum will move to 120 for the 2016 membership year.
              And:
              http://www.aa.com/arriving/ponLoyPro-03.html

Comment

It is very good news for AAdvantage loyalists, and there's a bit for US members in my opinion too.

Comment

Originally posted by flyastrojets View Post
                  It is very good news for AAdvantage loyalists, and there's a bit for US members in my opinion too.
                  Absolutely. This is a good (or better) than any reasonable person could have expected or even hoped for.

Comment

Originally posted by JonNYC View Post
                    Absolutely. This is a good (or better) than any reasonable person could have expected or even hoped for.
                    At the risk of wandering into speculation (and delete if you feel this is too much in that realm)....

I agree that this is great news, but I'm not convinced that this is the final state of the combined program. I see this as a first, good step to combine the programs. Once combined, I expect further changes (of some form) for future program years (e.g. AAdvantage 2016)

But I have certainly been wrong before and would love to be wrong here.

Comment

Agreed. This is as good as I could have hoped for.

We'll have to wait to see what happens later. I'd guess that depends more on competitive conditions a year or more from now than some grand plan, but you never know.

Now as to aaward availability ...

Comment

Originally posted by ty97 View Post
                        At the risk of wandering into speculation (and delete if you feel this is too much in that realm)....

I agree that this is great news, but I'm not convinced that this is the final state of the combined program. I see this as a first, good step to combine the programs. Once combined, I expect further changes (of some form) for future program years (e.g. AAdvantage 2016)

But I have certainly been wrong before and would love to be wrong here.
                        Yeah, I dont disagree that there is a component here of the stated "integrate before innovate" and that the "innovate" could easily be changes to subsequent year's program. Wouldn't surprise me in the least, albeit not based on anything other than the same "informed suspicion" that you-- and I'm sure others-- have.

Comment

I would expect AA 2016 to have a revenue component. Based on the numbers that DL and UA use, I dont see how most high value EXPs do not hit those numbers. Lets day they use $10k as a base for EXP. From what I have seen, most main cabin r/t fares are around $400. That is 25 round trips. I would guess that most EXPs have 25 r/t. If you move that up to FC fares, you are looking at approx 10 trips. Again, not terrible numbers.

Comment

Only changes I see for AA elites:
                            • Segment qualification increase (from 100 to 120) for EXP
                            • Unlimited domestic upgrades for all elite levels on flights 500 miles or fewer
                            • Auto-requested complimentary upgrades
                            • Complimentary same-day flight changes (assuming this means confirmed changes rather than standby)

Comment

combining 2014 EQM?

The way EQM from 2014 will be combined is not super clear (E-mail and website are a bit contradictory). It seems that it will eventually happen, but not right away on 3/1/15. Perhaps best summarized in this FT post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23749174-post76.html

Originally posted by heyeaglefn
                              Although the examples show they are combining Qualifying activity to determine status, statements like this seem to contradict it. Clear as mud.

On March 1, 2015, your elite status will be determined based on your elite-qualifying activity in each program individually.
                              Originally posted by sjpmurph01
                              My interpretation of this is that on 3/1 - the start of the new program year - they will not yet have combined accounts. So starting on that day your status is based on the highest tier earned in one program or the other.

Once they actually combine accounts - on some unspecified date in Q2 - then they'll merge qualifying activity from 2014. If that means you qualify for a higher tier, then you'll be bumped to that level until 2/2016.

You'll only be at the highest individually-earned tier in pmUS or pmAA between 3/1/15 and whenever they actually merge your accounts. After that it'll be based on your combined 2014 activity...
                              Jon, do you have any insight and does the above post match your understanding of how the merging of EQM will occur?

Comment

Working...
                              X