Helix - The "Eagle System"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helix - The "Eagle System"

I've seen this system referenced in a few posts here, but can't find information on the forum that describes / defines it. As a new ExPLT, can someone explain the system, it's purpose, or point me in the direction of gaining knowledge via web links? Thank You!

I can give some-- but certainly not all-- of the details I've accumulated over the years.

The system first started as "Signal Light" and had 3 levels, Green, Yellow, Red.

That transitioned to Helix which also had 3 levels 3, 2, 1. (Corresponding)

Helix then became 5 levels. (5 Eagle down to 1 Eagle.)

As an example of how Helix is most clearly used; 5 and 4 Eagle members are both eligible for using their SWUs post expiration (assuming booked before expiration.)

And, 5 and 4 Eagle members qualify for unlimited number of additional SWUs under the "overachieving EXP program" for hitting certain targets above 125K EQPs. Members with a lower Helix score are eligible for either 4 SWUs, 2 SWUs or zero.

Obviously it is used in other ways too, but I have to keep about 80% of that unpublic.

And, no, PMs looking for more info on this subject are not welcome.

Comment

Thanks for the overview Jon! Is it possible for one to find / learn what their level is, or is it kept super-secret internally at AA?

Comment

Originally posted by Stumblefoot View Post
        Thanks for the overview Jon! Is it possible for one to find / learn what their level is, or is it kept super-secret internally at AA?
        The latter.

Comment

Are all EXPs at least 1 Eagle?

And what about non-EXPs celebrities or other important people? Can you have an Eagle rating without being EXP/CK?

Comment

Originally posted by Viajero Millero View Post
            Are all EXPs at least 1 Eagle?

And what about non-EXPs celebrities or other important people? Can you have an Eagle rating without being EXP/CK?
            All elite customers have a Helix rating.

Comment

CX has a reputation (earned I suspect) for keeping track of what their customers fly, even when credited to partners' FF programs.

Would a similar capability exist with AA and would it affect your Helix score? A fair number of QF members (earned in part in AA first) are also AA elites.

Happy wandering

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Stumblefoot View Post

Jon, Wouldn't it be possible to extrapolate one's level, based upon the plan for additional SWUs AA offers you for "excess" QPs?

Comment

Originally posted by pdb View Post
                  Jon, Wouldn't it be possible to extrapolate one's level, based upon the plan for additional SWUs AA offers you for "excess" QPs?
                  Yes. If offered unlimited SWUs (2 for every 25k over 125/150) then one is 4 or 5 Eagle. If only offered 2 or 4 SWUs total, in the range of 3 or 4 Eagles.

Comment

Very interesting reading.So is it possible to have a 4,5 rating if only Plat.
                    I say this because I have had great service from AA in releasing extra awards in the past.If ringing the generic AA number when I input my AA number I am put through to the EXP desk.This week when booking sAAver awards with JL I was not charged the phone booking fee.
                    If so it can only be because I am nice!I have on many occasions sent in praise of good service and only made 1 complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by drron View Post
                      Very interesting reading.So is it possible to have a 4,5 rating if only Plat.
                      I say this because I have had great service from AA in releasing extra awards in the past.If ringing the generic AA number when I input my AA number I am put through to the EXP desk.This week when booking sAAver awards with JL I was not charged the phone booking fee.
                      If so it can only be because I am nice!I have on many occasions sent in praise of good service and only made 1 complaint.
                      I would believe that could be the case. I understand that if one is Concierge Key (irrespective of elite status), then one gets not only special inventory on AA awards, but also partner awards. (At least, that is what one EXP agent mentioned to me, not too long ago.)

Comment

Originally posted by pdb View Post
                        I would believe that could be the case. I understand that if one is Concierge Key (irrespective of elite status), then one gets not only special inventory on AA awards, but also partner awards. (At least, that is what one EXP agent mentioned to me, not too long ago.)
                        CK makes you EXP instantly, so no such thing as a non-EXP CK. And, no, additional partner award inventory regardless of status.

Yes, non-EXPs also have Helix rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by JonNYC View Post
                          The latter.
                          Had a great agent today who, when asked, logged into the "eagle program"" and said I was a "3." BS or not?

No joy on the VIP extension. So at least I know I'm not a "4."

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrashlaw View Post
                            Had a great agent today who, when asked, logged into the "eagle program"" and said I was a "3." BS or not?

No joy on the VIP extension. So at least I know I'm not a "4."
                            If the conversation went like that, then, I'd definitely say, she told you the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by JonNYC View Post
                              If the conversation went like that, then, I'd definitely say, she told you the truth!
                              Just to be crystal clear, I was working with her on using VIPs on a CGK trip tomorrow that just cleared, and she volunteered that "you have 3 more to use before 28 February. That lead me to the eagle discussion in the context of extending those post 28 Feb. (Her: "Oh, you know about those, let me check"). I am not sure that if you just called up to ask what your ranking is, you would get an answer.

I hope 3 is good. I'm dumping 24K miles into the system between now and Tuesday, albeit off a $1K ORD-DFW-NRT-CGK return, but I plan on asking again after I requalify for EXP again.

Comment

Working...
                              X