Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New US chairman's preferred on PALL list

good news for US top members

In an effort to provide a more balanced opportunity for lus chairmanís preferred customers to receive complimentary upgrades on aa flights, we are allowing them to be placed on the standby list for processing at the gate.

Detail

When a chairman's preferred does not receive an lfbu-dod upgrade offer from aa.Com, ssm or merch gui, they can now be placed on the standby list as as upg. This only applies to chairmanás preferred members, since their upgrades are complimentary.

In addition, aa has automation in place that will automatically add most chairmanás preferred customers to the standby list at check-in, depending on check-in channel. If the customer has not already been added to the list, an agent can place the customer on the list at first point of contact.

The criteria for eligible pnrs/segments are as follows:

*must be a us dividend miles /dm/ chairmanás

*if multi pax in the same lmt chg pnr, all must be chairmanás preferred members - so the pnr does not get divided at pdc

*valid for aa prime and us*/aa codeshare flights
    Preferred member with the *emerald* oneworld banner in the pnr
    *valid on both aa and limited change pnrs
    *if connx from another airline, will be placed on list as a *thru* pax (upg1t)

*timestamp placement on sb list will differ depending on booking channel

Dividend members that qualify for chairman's preferred status may be recognized by the automation process before sabre adds the emerald banner, so if automation has added the customer to the standby list, please do not remove them, even though they may show as having the *sapphire* banner instead. The history will show the automation

Agents must *not* add any customer to the list unless the emerald banner displays.

Markets:

*between the u.S. And central america

*within and btwn the u.S. (including alaska and hawaii), canada, mexico, the caribbean, the bahamas and bermuda

All other dividend miles preferred members must be processed through aa.Com, ssm or the merch gui and payment collected for the upgrade. These customers are not allowed to be placed on the standby list.

I should add that this was the thread/post/poster that got me lookin' for this info:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23982506-post2.html

Comment

Where will US CPs be on the AA gate upgrade list? Mixed in with EXPs (presumably sorted by request time, which would presumably be T-24 and therefore after all but last minute-purchasing EXPs)? After EXPs but before (AA) PLTs? After all AA elites?

Comment

Originally posted by ashill View Post
        Where will US CPs be on the AA gate upgrade list? Mixed in with EXPs (presumably sorted by request time, which would presumably be T-24 and therefore after all but last minute-purchasing EXPs)? After EXPs but before (AA) PLTs? After all AA elites?
        I'd strongly assume/expect equal to EXP.

Comment

Originally posted by JonNYC View Post
          I'd strongly assume/expect equal to EXP.
          I think this bullet strongly supports your assumption:

*if connx from another airline, will be placed on list as a *thru* pax (upg1t)

Comment

Originally posted by rchavez View Post
            I think this bullet strongly supports your assumption:
            As does this post from a CP:

I tried again at the counter for my connecting flight and AA agent said "we literally just got a note on this, the computer should now let me do it." She pulled up the new memo, followed the steps and voila, I jumped to the top of the upgrade list
            Selfishly (as an AA Plat): But in terms of fairness and AA/US doing the right thing for their elites:

Comment

For those who might find agent's unfamiliar-- and no idea if this would help at all, this is from that memo:

WHEN ADDING THE CUSTOMER TO THE STANDBY LIST, THE PPR EDIT CODE MUST BE APPENDED TO THE ENTRY:

GL2489-THOMAS§XáUPG*PPR
              And, the designation/location of this memo is: APS14064

Comment

Companion upgrade priority

Not sure if this is the best thread for this. Just boarded ORD-LAX, with son as companion. I'm EXP, he's dirt. I was #1 on upgrade list at gate, he was #8. I asked at the gate if our records had been separated, as he should have my status. I was told that since the US change over a few weeks ago, companions now clear based on their own status, not on the status of the primary member. This must be only for upgrades at the gate, as we had other segments clear together well in advance.

For what it's worth, I was offered an upgrade, which I declined so as to not leave my son behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Raindeer View Post
                  Not sure if this is the best thread for this. Just boarded ORD-LAX, with son as companion. I'm EXP, he's dirt. I was #1 on upgrade list at gate, he was #8. I asked at the gate if our records had been separated, as he should have my status. I was told that since the US change over a few weeks ago, companions now clear based on their own status, not on the status of the primary member. This must be only for upgrades at the gate, as we had other segments clear together well in advance.
                  There has definitely been no such policy change to my knowledge.

Comment

Our return trip is on Weds. I should have taken a screenshot off my phone app of the upgrade list, but if the same thing happens on the return, I'll take a screenshot and forward to you. We are still on the same record, and I'm hard pressed to come up with another explanation for what happened (other than what the gate agent said.)

I should also mention that my son was #8 on the list, which was last.

Comment

In case it's relevant: The last two times my wife and I (no status and PLT) flew DFW-LGA in coach (both over a year ago) we were separated on the upgrade list. GAs said they'd fix it, but nothing changed. Given that it's essentially impossible for a non-EXP to be upgraded on that route, I didn't push it.

Comment

Working...
                      X