AAgents getting training on new AAdv changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAgents getting training on new AAdv changes

Agents are getting their training-- with an accompanying non-disclosure.

Will update thread as details sluice through.

I've now seen the full set of changes.

They do impact the entire program and are substantial, and they do start in 2016. There's a separate phase on earning (redemption miles, not elite miles) that begins late in 2016

As far as earning status, I think what they've come up with is excellent.

Comment

My review; absolutely excellent. YES, there are a few takebacks, etc., but I see this as the best anyone could have possibly hoped for.

Comment

Sounds promising.

Comment

No minimum spend for elite

No $-based elite earning (but bonuses for higher spend)

No change to level for elite

No change to segment qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by JonNYC View Post
            No minimum spend for elite

No $-based elite earning (but bonuses for higher spend)

No change to level for elite

No change to segment qualification.
            Interesting indeed. Hopefully, this means I'll qualify quicker and get those SWU's faster.

I am surprised they didn't change the elite level though, especially after changing the segment level this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumblefoot View Post
              Interesting indeed. Hopefully, this means I'll qualify quicker and get those SWU's faster.
              Albeit possibly not as many of them.

The part of the changes that kick into effect late 2016 that relate to redeemable miles from flights will ruffle some feathers, for sure. A non/lower elite on cheap/cheapish fares, as an example, would find such earning definitely effected negatively.

RDM accrual in the late 2016 phase will be radically different than current.

Comment

SWUs for EP cut to 4 but with definitely possibility/mechanism to earn more.

SWUs for CK boosted to 4 with definitely possibility/mechanism to earn more.

Without having access to the actual criteria (it's not even published yet in this) I'd *speculate* that there will be:

- a certain % of EPs that will only earn the 4 SWUs annually. Probably a pretty large %.

- a certain % of more profitable (higher EQMs) EPs that will earn 6 SWUs annually. Probably a pretty large %.

- a certain % of even more profitable (higher EQMs) EPs that will earn 8 SWUs annually.

- a certain % of even more profitable (higher EQMs) EPs that will earn (10, 12, etc) SWUs annually.

Presumably posted automatically, no more "magic words" calls to ACS, etc

Comment

RIP, EQP

Will be all EQMs, solving the problem of a "mixed" flyer where a few premium/full-Y/etc tickets get buried (and therefore unrewarded) under AAdv's current system.

Comment

SWUs for EP cut to 4 but with definitely possibility/mechanism to earn more.

SWUs for CK boosted to 4 with definitely possibility/mechanism to earn more.
                    If that's the case, any thoughts on SWUs continuing to work on all fares? If they instituted requirement like UA (min. W), only receiving 4 would be a disappointing change.

Comment

Originally posted by FriendlySkies View Post
                      If that's the case, any thoughts on SWUs continuing to work on all fares? If they instituted requirement like UA (min. W), only receiving 4 would be a disappointing change.
                      No change shown -- and in light of the reduction, none expected, IMO.

Comment

earning of 500-milers goes from 4 every 10K to 4 every 12.5K. (keep in mind the bonuses for premium/higher fares comes into play here now-- didn't before.)

Comment

Im still sulking over the SWUs. So if you can clarify - as an EXP, if I bought a G fare, I no longer get 100% EQMs for that fare?

Comment

Originally posted by AA-Flyer-SAN View Post
                            Im still sulking over the SWUs. So if you can clarify - as an EXP, if I bought a G fare, I no longer get 100% EQMs for that fare?
                            You definitely would et the full 100% EQMs-- no AA fares get less. Premium fares get more-- 1.5x, 2x, 3x

Comment

You definitely would et the full 100% EQMs-- no AA fares get less. Premium fares get more-- 1.5x, 2x, 3x
                              So it looks like all paid fares will earn at least 100% EQM (for status), however, RDM may varied between 25, 50, 100, 200and 300% of miles flown? Plus status bonuses?

Comment

Working...
                              X