List of Washington DC-area Hilton hotels accessible by Metro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Washington DC-area Hilton hotels accessible by Metro

Once upon a time, I created a list of properties that were in proximity to Metro. As that's been several years (and one IBB) ago, I thought I'd update the list for the benefit of us here.

Many properties are within reasonable walking distance of a Metro stop somewhere in the greater DC area -- generally, a few blocks or so at the most. When a property is within that reasonable zone, the stations are listed. (Since everyone's definition of reasonable varies, I'd check a map or the hotel directly to see whether this is, indeed, the case.) Omissions or corrections to the list are greatly appreciated as well.

HILTON

Capital Hilton -- Farragut North, Farragut West, McPherson Square (all within 1/4 mile)
    Hilton Washington Embassy Row -- DuPont Circle
    Hilton Washington -- DuPont Circle (1/3 to 1/2 mile)
    Hilton Crystal City/DCA -- Crystal City (about 1/4 mile)
    Hilton Arlington -- Ballston/MU (hotel is right above station)
    Hilton Alexandria Mark Center -- none
    Hilton Alexandria Old Town -- King Street
    Hilton Silver Spring -- Silver Spring (about 1/3 mile)
    Hilton Mclean Tysons Corner -- none
    Hilton Springfield -- none (Franconia/Springfield Station is ~3/4 mile, on other side of mall)
    Hilton Washington DC/Rockville -- Twinbrook (1/8 mile)
    Hilton Washington DC/Gaithersburg -- none. The hotel is located ~3/4 mile from the Metropolitan Grove MARC station, which has MTA train service into Union Station.

EMBASSY SUITES

ES Washington DC-Convention Center -- Metro Center (1/4 mile), McPherson Square (1/3 mile)
    ES Washington DC -- DuPont Circle (1/2 mile)
    ES Crystal City/DCA -- Crystal City, Pentagon City (~1/2 mile each)
    ES Washington DC - Chevy Chase Plaza -- Friendship Heights (1/8 mile)
    ES Alexandria Old Town -- King Street (1/8 mile)
    ES Tysons Corner -- none

DOUBLETREE

DT Washington DC -- DuPont Circle, Farragut North (~1/2 mile each)
    DT Guest Suites Washington DC -- Foggy Bottom/GWU (1/4 mile)
    DT Crystal City/DCA -- Crystal City, Pentagon City (~1/2 mile each)
    DT Bethesda -- Bethesda, Medical Center (~1/2 mile - hotel is approximately halfway between the two stations)

HILTON GARDEN INN

HGI Washington DC Downtown -- McPherson Square (across the street)
    HGI Arlington Courthouse Plaza -- Court House (1/3 mile)
    HGI Washington DC Greenbelt -- none (Greenbelt Station is ~1 mile away)
    HGI Tysons Corner -- none
    HGI Fairfax -- none

HOMEWOOD SUITES

HS Washington DC -- McPherson Square (~1/2 mile)
    HS Alexandria -- none
    HS Silver Spring -- Silver Spring (~1/3 mile)
    HS Falls Church -- none (Dunn Loring-Merrifield Station is ~3/4 mile away)

HAMPTON INN

HI Washington DC-Convention Center -- Gallery Place/Chinatown (~1/3 mile)
    HI DCA -- Crystal City (~1/3 mile)
    HI Alexandria -- none
    HI Alexandria Old Town/King Street Station -- King Street (~1/5 mile)
    HI Silver Spring -- Silver Spring (~1/3 mile)
    HI Alexandria Old Town Area South -- none (Huntington is ~1 mile away -- hotel has shuttle service there and DCA)
    HI National Harbor-Oxon Hill -- none
    HI College Park -- none (Greenbelt Station is 1.5 miles away)
    HI Washington I-95/Largo -- Largo Town Center (~1/4 mile)
    HI Springfield -- none (Franconia/Springfield Station is ~3/4 mile, on other side of mall)
    HI Fairfax -- none

Mike
    Last edited by nako; 06-18-2009, 10:14 PM. Reason: Minor edits -- changes/updates in bold

Thanks for this, nako. Very useful.
    in a [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/8182112@N03/collections/"]nut[/URL]shell

Comment

The Sheraton Gateway (Crystal City) and the Westin Arlington can be added to your list.

Comment

Originally posted by SNA_Flyer View Post
        The Sheraton Gateway (Crystal City) and the Westin Arlington can be added to your list.
        In theory, I could, but recall that this is a Hilton list.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by nako View Post
          In theory, I could, but recall that this is a Hilton list.

Mike
          Yeah, it was late last night and I had a few glasses of wine. No wonder SPG is blatantly missing! Ha! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Comment

Very awesome. I'm cutting and pasting this (with your permission) into a message for my colleagues making the pilgrimage to Mecca (Headquarters).

lala

Comment

Originally posted by lalala View Post
              Very awesome. I'm cutting and pasting this (with your permission) into a message for my colleagues making the pilgrimage to Mecca (Headquarters).
              If I didn't want people to actually use it, I wouldn't have posted it.

Mike

Comment

I thought that the 2 Hilton properties near Springfield had a free shuttle to the Metro? I saw a 12-person van with the Hilton and Hampton logos in the parking lot. And the walk is not that bad. I remember taking a Metrobus or Fairfax connector bus one way during a sojourn 1 weekend away from the District.

Comment

Originally posted by headinclouds View Post
                  I thought that the 2 Hilton properties near Springfield had a free shuttle to the Metro? I saw a 12-person van with the Hilton and Hampton logos in the parking lot. And the walk is not that bad. I remember taking a Metrobus or Fairfax connector bus one way during a sojourn 1 weekend away from the District.
                  Actually, a few of the properties that aren't close to Metro stations have free shuttles, so that's always a possiblity for people who aren't too concerned with the distance. I tried to keep it as close to the stops as possible (with the caveat that what is convenient for some may not be convenient for others).

I probably wouldn't sweat the walk to Franconia/Springfield, personally, but everyone's mileage (or three-quarters of a mile, give or take) will vary.

Mike

Comment

Bump with some additions to the list (in bold).

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X