Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HH Q2 promo - Fast Ways to Free Stays

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/PYO/Lo...ffer=PYO2010Q2

Hilton HHonors lets you choose your rewards.
    Register for Fast Ways to Free Stays and you’ll be on your way to a free night certificate for 4 stays or double points on all your stays now through June 30, 2010. Even better, the more you stay the more you earn. With Fast Ways to Free Stays, there is no limit to the number of bonus points or free night certificates awarded.

-----
    Terms and Conditions
    Valid for HHonor members’ stays completed between April 6, 2010 and June 30, 2010 at participating hotels. You must register for the promotion at www.hhonors.com/freestay prior to check-in for your first stay. Members must select one of the two offers and offers cannot be combined. Once the member has made a selection, the offer choice is final and cannot be changed. Members who register for “Free Night After Four Stays or Ten nights” must stay a total of four stays or ten nights at participating hotels between April 6, 2010 and June 30, 2010. The ten nights need not be consecutive. The free night certificate will be delivered within six weeks of completion of the tenth night or fourth stay, whichever comes first. The free night certificate is valid for one year after date of issuance at all participating Hilton Worldwide hotels. The free night certificate applies to one night’s standard room rate and corresponding taxes and does not apply to gratuities, resort fees or incidental charges. Redemption of certificate is subject to availability. Members who register for “Double Base Points per Stay” will receive Double Base Points for their stays between April 6, 2010 and June 30, 2010. “Double Base Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward VIP tier qualification. Offer cannot be combined with other select offers. Hilton HHonors® membership, earning of Points & Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

There are some variants.

Triple Mile & More award miles
    http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/lufthansatriplemiles

300% more bonus miles with DL SkyMiles
    http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/delta3xbonus

Up to 5000 BA miles
    https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/BA5000

1000 points or double points
    https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...00doublepoints
    Last edited by Tclin; 04-11-2010, 04:58 AM. Reason: fixed BA link

Comment

Funny, the URL was posted on FT and some bloggers just copied it with same session ID.
      www.hhonors.com/freestay

Comment

Triple Alitalia Miles
        https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/alitalia

Triple Flying Blue Miles
        https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/flyingbluetriple

Comment

Double TrueBlue Points
          https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/trueblue

Comment

Originally posted by Tclin View Post
            Funny, the URL was posted on FT and some bloggers just copied it with same session ID.
            www.hhonors.com/freestay
            The T&Cs don't mention, but I assume that award stays count toward the "4 stays" since Hilton counts award stays toward status qualification?

Cheers.

Comment

No.
              HHonors Representative answered on this thread.
              From FT:
              http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-q2-promo.html

"Reward stays, including Q3FN and FN601s will not count towards the offer."

Regarding regular "Status qualification" and various current "Elite Status Fast TracK", YES.

Comment

Originally posted by Tclin View Post
                No.
                HHonors Representative answered on this thread.
                From FT:
                http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-q2-promo.html

"Reward stays, including Q3FN and FN601s will not count towards the offer."

Regarding regular "Status qualification" and various current "Elite Status Fast TracK", YES.
                Thanks for the info and link Tclin. The displeasure post about Hilton not disclosing this goes there,and not here

Cheers.

Comment

FYI, I called Hilton about this, had to push a little bit, but the guy then told me that, contrary to the HH rep's comment in the FT thread, award stays would count. I asked for email confirmation (in case I needed it later) and he sent this (bolding mine:

Restrictions:
                  - Offer valid for qualifying stays on or after April 6, 2010 and on or before June 30, 2010.
                  - Members must register for the promotion at www.hhonors.com/freestay
                  - If a Member is having difficulty registering via the URL you may add ONE of the below Promotion Codes to the Members account.
                  - Only stays completed after Member has registered will count. We will not retro any previous stays, even if stays were within the promotion period.
                  - Once registered, Member will have one of the following Promotion Codes noted on their account: {Reminder: Promotion Codes should NEVER be given to Members}
                  • Double Points – Q2DP
                  • Free Night Certificate – Q2NT
                  - Member can only register for ONE of these offers and can not be changed.
                  - It does not matter when reservation was booked.
                  - Member must check-in and check-out during offer period.
                  o Qualifying Example: Check-in June 28, 2010; Check-out June 30, 2010.
                  o Non-Qualifying Example: Check-in June 28, 2010; Check-out July 1, 2010.
                  - Non-HHonors members can join the HHonors program and immediately be eligible to participate once registered for promotion.
                  - Members will continue to earn Base Points, Stay and Night credit per the normal benefits of the HHonors program.
                  - HHonors Reward stays do qualify for this promotion.
                  - Members can be registered for this promotion and other promotions.
                  Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by brp View Post
                    FYI, I called Hilton about this, had to push a little bit, but the guy then told me that, contrary to the HH rep's comment in the FT thread, award stays would count. I asked for email confirmation (in case I needed it later) and he sent this (bolding mine:
                    I don't have any conclusive observations to add as to whether they do count or not (I got 2 Q3FN certs in the first quarter with 8 paid stays and 1 award), but I'm wondering whether it's a case where both statements are correct in part -- that is, usual reward stays will count, but the stays on a free certificate (either from a prior promo or the devaluation certificates some members got last year) don't.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by nako View Post
                      I don't have any conclusive observations to add as to whether they do count or not (I got 2 Q3FN certs in the first quarter with 8 paid stays and 1 award), but I'm wondering whether it's a case where both statements are correct in part -- that is, usual reward stays will count, but the stays on a free certificate (either from a prior promo or the devaluation certificates some members got last year) don't.

Mike
                      Nope, it's not that. The Hilton Rep on FT is adamant that award stays (period) do not count and that they emailed information I received is simply incorrect. She's sent me PMs asking for the name of the agent who sent the information so she can "reach out" to that agent and correct the information. She offered me 5000 points for the information. I've not sent her anything.

Part of me is thinking of giving her the information since it's good to correct misinformation. The other part of me is thinking of using the award stay, then confronting them with the information I received from the agent to push the issue

Cheers.

Comment

The other part of me is thinking of using the award stay, then confronting them with the information I received from the agent to push the issue
                        The risk being that they are sophisticated enough to link your online name with your real name and enter something in your file so that, when confronted with the email, they can tell you that you knew it was incorrect. Given the sophistication of so many IT systems, this may not be a large risk.

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
                          The risk being that they are sophisticated enough to link your online name with your real name and enter something in your file so that, when confronted with the email, they can tell you that you knew it was incorrect. Given the sophistication of so many IT systems, this may not be a large risk.
                          Or even if they don't go to the length of tying names to online handles, they simply tell you to go pound sand anyway ("We're sorry you were given bad info, but this is the policy. Deal with it.")

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
                            Originally posted by nako View Post
                            Or even if they don't go to the length of tying names to online handles, they simply tell you to go pound sand anyway ("We're sorry you were given bad info, but this is the policy. Deal with it.")

Mike
                            Both possibilities. For the first case, I've got email from a real HH rep saying they count. I've got comments from a FT personna saying no. Who's really to say which is correct.

For the second,they could do that. Since the T&Cs don't say No, and I've got an email saying Yes- if we really do add a stay just for the promotion I'll be able to be righteously indignant. If done politely, these things usually tend to work.

Still not sure we're doing it,of course. The comments and opinions are definitely welcome

Cheers.

Comment

Still not sure we're doing it,of course. The comments and opinions are definitely welcome
                              For whatever it's worth, I'll be able to test the policy throughout April and May -- I have 1 paid stay already completed for this quarter, followed by these stays, in order:

4/28 (1 night) -- standard Cat 1 award
                              4/29 (1 night) -- Q3FN award
                              4/30 (1 night) -- paid stay
                              5/1 (1 night) -- paid stay

If either or both types of award stays count, then I'd get another free night following the 4/30 or 5/1 paid stays. If they don't count, then the free night won't show up until after my next paid stay (about three weeks later). My hypothesis is that the latter will occur, and that it will take that paid stay on May 22 in order to earn the cert.

Though it may be too late for the benefit of others here, I'll post the result.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X